We are Aiven—a managed cloud services startup launched in 2016 by a team with over 10 years of experience in Open Source databases and cloud technologies. We run and manage open source databases such as PostgreSQL and Apache Kafka in all major clouds including AWS, Google Cloud and Azure. Backed by Europe's leading investors, our services are used daily by hundreds of customers across the globe with more joining every single day.
Backend Developer Intern
We are looking for a backend developer intern / summer trainee / master thesis worker to help in developing managed self-healing Open Source database services (DBaaS).
You have a keen interest in software development and excellent understanding of Linux. Our backend systems are mostly written in Python with some Go, C, and Java. Our philosophy is to automate everything and to avoid repetitive manual work in everything we do.
What you have:
- Prior experience and a keen interest in developing with some of the following languages: Python, Go, C or Java.
- Excellent Linux skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
What we value:
- Understanding of IT security and networking
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Full-stack experience
What we can offer:
- A dynamic startup environment with a rapidly growing, international business
- Highly experienced colleagues
- Central office location in downtown Helsinki
You will be part of a highly-skilled start-up team of just over 10 people. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and grow. Send your application along with a link to your Github profile.