nLIGHT’s Fiber Division is a leading provider of specialty optical fibers. Our unique and proprietary DND (direct nanoparticle deposition) technology is in position to replace traditional technologies in our markets and we believe it will make LIEKKI™ Fiber the clear market leader. nLIGHT’s Fiber Division is located in Lohja, Finland, where we also have a state-of-the-art production facility. Our products are sold throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
We are looking for an energetic automation engineer to our specialty optical fiber factory in Lohja. You will be working on improving further our data collection, visualization, reporting, and process control tools together with the production, quality, engineering and R&D teams. You will be introduced to a broad range of processes from our proprietary Direct Nanoparticle Deposition (DND) technology to preform manufacturing, fiber draw, and fiber quality assurance. Your function is to improve the existing tools and to develop new tools that help our productivity, yields, and information flow. You are expected to have project management experience and skills. You will be working mainly with internal customers, so no traveling is required in this position.
nLIGHT Oy employs about 50 people in Finland and is a wholly owned subsidiary of nLIGHT Inc., (US).
To succeed in this role, you have/are:
- MSc, PhD or DSc in automation engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering or similar
- Other software development skills like LabView, Matlab/Octave, Microsoft AX, C++ are considered as a benefit
- Hands-on experience with process equipment automation and data gathering
- Positive, proactive, self-motivating, and innovative can-do attitude
- Capability for both analytical and hands-on problem solving
- The ability to work across functions (Production, Quality, Engineering, Development)
- Fluent Finnish and English skills, both verbal and written
- Citizen or permanent resident of Finland (or other Wassenaar country)
- Good reporting, documentation and presentation skills
- Self-management skills, well organized and target driven
- Ability to learn quickly from past and apply these learnings
- Drive for excellence and eager to tackle new areas
If interested, send an application and CV by June 10th to nLIGHT Oy, Attn. Anneli Järvinen, Sorronrinne 9, 08500 Lohja, Finland or firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp More information can be inquired from email@example.comHelp (+358 40-848 5032).